19 August 2011

Sunshine Melissa

    ABOUT ME!
I'll start by stating some things about me. I am: a perfectionist, a goal-setter, an over-achiever, opinionated, creative, organized, and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love cleaning, cooking, organizing, wholesome music, decorating, the beach, Disneyland, kids, reading self-help books, shopping, excersizing, and more than anything, my family. I named my blog "sunshine melissa" because ever since I was a little girl my parents called me sunshine. I was toe-head blonde, and always loved (and still do love) bright and happy things. One of my favorite things to do is wake up early in the morning and watch the sunrise. I love observing this beautiful earth that God gave us. I also LOVE to accomplish my goals. I am on to a new stage in my life.. College. I am so excited to be one step closer to my goal of becoming an Interior Designer! :)... My first time living away from home. What a fun experience this will be.


I LOVE FOOD!

 I have been practicing my cooking so I don't starve up at school, and tonight I made an amazing tuna caserole! I started with a pretty old recipe, but I didn't have a lot of things on the list, so I substituted and made up a lot of it, but it actually turned out to be super yummy! :) Here's the Recipe:

Preheat oven to: 425 degrees (Bakes for 15-20 minutes)
Ingredients:
bow-tie noodles
1 can- tuna
1/2 cup- mayonaise
1/4 cup- onion (finely diced)
1/4 cup- green pepper (finely diced)
1 can- cream of chicken soup (recipe said cream of broccoli, but I think chicken is much better)
pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup- milk
cheese. (recipe said sharp cheddar, I used dubliner) (Probably about 3/4 cups)
corn flakes (optional)

Boil noodles. While noodles are boiling combine, tuna, mayo, diced onion, diced green pepper, cream of chicken soup, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Drain & add noodles to mixture. Then, heat milk on stove while adding cheese. Continue stirring until mixture is thick and cheese is melted. Add rue to mixture and stir. Put in casserole dish. Then I crushed corn flakes and put on top of casserole. Cook for 15-20 minutes.

There's my super easy, super delicious tuna casserole recipe. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment